Jewish Family and Children's Service of Greater Philadelphia is a team of experienced social workers, care managers, prevention specialists, chaplains and other professionals committed to enhancing the lives of the families, children and individuals we support every day. We seek to employ passionate and dedicated individuals who share our goals and desire to be part of an organization with a tradition of service excellence guided by Jewish values in our diverse community.
We offer a complete benefit package and the opportunity to learn and grow in an ever-changing service landscape.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice.
Social Worker/Care Manager -- Older Adults
We are looking for a Social Worker/care manager to become a member of our Older Adults team with specific emphasis on working with Holocaust Survivors. The qualified individual will provide in-home care management and supportive counseling to older adult Jewish Nazi victims/Holocaust survivors in Greater Philadelphia to assist them to continue to live safely in their own homes.
Provides in-home care management including:
o In-home psychosocial assessment with the older adult client, involving family caregiver as appropriate.
o Works collaboratively with the client and caregiver to develop a realistic long term care plan which links the client to benefits and services that will assist the client to continue to live safely at home; and which defines the role of the care manager, client and family to implement the care plan.
o Assists client and caregiver with implementation of the care plan, providing instrumental help as well as supportive counseling to promote independence.
o Monitors the client’s situation, via phone calls and home visits, for as long as needed, and adjust the care plan as the client’s situation changes.
o Documents all activity in JFCS database in a timely manner on a daily/weekly basis to ensure accurate record of services for funder reporting, client follow-up, information around trends in client needs, and estimation of overall work activity/productivity
o Ensures that all appointments are documented in online calendar
· Provides social services to individuals, families, and groups as part of the total Senior Services JFCS program. This position includes social work support to individuals living in various community settings, and may include apartment buildings, homes, etc.
· Accesses public entitlements and community resources, and connects clients to in-house JFCS services
· Develops and implements senior-specific group programming as appropriate
· Collaborates with other staff, departments, and external agencies
· Participates in departmental meetings and trainings
· Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as requested
· MSW required, LSW within first 6 months required
· Prefer 2 to 3 years experience working with older adults; will consider newer grads with social service agency experience.
· Ability to demonstrate strong working knowledge of community resources and benefits relevant to older adults and their family caregivers, and to distribute new resource information across the department.
· Ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences, adjusting message to fit listener to ensure understanding.
· Ability to establish good working relationships with other professionals and community agencies
· Ability to speak and understand Russian is advantageous and highly preferred.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Demonstrate a positive demeanor and maintain professionalism at all times
· Ability to take on specialized tasks and manage them within the framework of his/her workload.
· Expected to use initiative in contributing to the Service's development as well as his/her own.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and good common sense in all situations
· Must be flexible and agile to be able to juggle tasks when special situations arise that demand attention
· Must have a car available, a current driver’s license and insurance coverage and the ability to drive throughout the Delaware Valley area. Must be willing and able to drive to and perform in-house visits with our clients.
· Driver’s record must be free or citations.
· Evening/weekend hours as necessary
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (both required) to Kevin Rossi, Director of Human Resources, at KRossi@jfcsphilly.org. No phone calls please.