Volunteer Opportunities and Mitzvah Projects
Jewish Family and Children's Service (JFCS) of Greater Philadelphia nurtures and supports children, youth, and families in every phase of the life cycle through emergency assistance, counseling, chaplaincy and other vital programs. We count on volunteers like you to keep our many programs going. There are so many ways for you to make a difference at JFCS...GET INVOLVED TODAY!
If you are good with people and have a desire to help others, we have meaningful opportunities for Volunteers of every age and availability. Giving your time and talent feels great and can make a real difference in your community.
JFCS THRIFT BOUTIQUE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We are seeking reliable volunteers to join our dedicated team. Duties include sorting and tagging donated items, re-stocking and merchandising, and providing customer assistance on the sales floor. The Thrift Boutique is located at 8948 Frankford Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19136. Shifts are available Monday through Thursday. The Thrift Boutique benefits individuals and families in need. To volunteer, call 267.256.2082 or email RHenkin@jfcsphilly.org.
SILVER WHEELS VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Help seniors stay independent and engaged in their community by providing needed transportation to essential appointments, shopping etc. Drivers are needed to provide most rides on weekdays, but evenings and weekends driving opportunities are also available. We are in particular need of drivers willing to travel to NE Philadelphia. Mileage reimbursement is offered. To volunteer, call 267.256.2082 or email RHenkin@jfcsphilly.org.
OTHER EXAMPLES OF VOLUNTEER AND MITZVAH OPPORTUNITIES WITH JFCS:
- Deliver challah to hospital patients or nursing home residents on Fridays.
- Make a caring connection and befriend an ederly person or take them on outings to alleviate loneliness and isolation
- Assist clients with packing, paperwork and organization
- Participate in social and Jewish holiday programs in assisted living facilities or boarding homes for adults with developmental disabilities
- Assist seniors with everyday activities, such as shopping and minor home repairs, so that they can live comfortably and independently in their own homes
- Provide transportation and accompany seniors to a variety of appointments
- Facilitate Shabbat experiences in nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
- Religious school or nursery school students can help support our challah program or collect their Tzedakah over the course of the year and donate it to JFCS which helps families who are struggling to make ends meet in this difficult economy.
Other possibilities are available for volunteering based on your interests and expertise!
"Like" us on Facebook and visit our website at www.jfcsphilly.org to learn more about JFCS and click "how to help" for a list of current volunteer opportunities.
For more information, contact Robin Henkin at 267.256.2082 or RHenkin@jfcsphilly.org