Connecting the Orthodox Jewish Community
Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Greater Philadelphia is committed to understanding and ensuring that our services meet the unique needs of the people we serve. Frum as well as culturally sensitive JFCS associates offer the Philadelphia Orthodox Jewish community the same wide range of services provided to all JFCS clients, in addition to serving as a gateway to other community resources and supports by:
Click on the arrow to view more information.Responding to Orthodox Jewish families’ mental health challenges, with:
- Care management
- Benefits assistance, resources, advocacy, and support with critical needs throughout the lifespan in a holistic, collaborative format.
- Individual, couples, and family therapy supporting clients in achieving stability and growth.
- Financial empowerment coaching
- Assistance, resources, and guidance in setting financial goals and realizing your best financial future through budgeting, and debt management. (Click here for more information)
- Identifying mental health challenges
- Developing a strong understanding of the varied and changing mental health issues facing our society, with a specific focus on how these issues impact our Jewish world.
- Increasing education and awareness in the Orthodox community of JFCS’ services and supportive care
- Educational Opportunities
- Implementing the highest quality forum for rabbis and spouses to strengthen their capacity to respond to and address mental health issues in the community, increasing willingness of community members to seek Rabbinic support and guidance.
- Community Engagement
- Increasing outreach efforts to serve and collaborate with the larger community (schools, synagogues, and social service organizations) both locally and across the Northeast region.
- Professional development
- Implementing cultural competence trainings for mental health providers about the Orthodox Jewish community’s specific needs.
- Programming and workshops supporting postpartum mothers and spouses through education and empowerment as well as peer support.
- Magen Yeladim Safety Kid Program – This program is designed to prevent sexual abuse through messages of empowerment, personal boundaries, and control over one’s own body. Trained educators and a strong volunteer corps provide the classroom lessons.
- JFCS’ SafeSPACE program utilizes an evidence-based suicide prevention curriculum for middle and high school staff, parents, and students from a strengths-based perspective.
- Follow up, intervention, and outpatient treatment options and referrals are provided for all enrolled schools. Click here for more information.