The Joan Grossman Center For Chaplaincy and Healing
For individuals and families, living with a disability may present questions that are unique—and difficult to find answers to. But Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Greater Philadelphia can help guide you to understanding and direct you to a welcoming and inclusive Jewish community
Our rabbis provide spiritual counseling to individuals with disabilities and their loved ones, as well as within group programs. JFCS draws upon the richness of Jewish traditions, ritual and community to provide meaning, celebration, and connection.
We will partner on a fee and non-fee basis to provide:
- Holiday celebrations – we partner with centers and individuals to share and enrich holiday celebrations and traditions
- Individual and group counseling – our rabbis provide counseling during challenging times. in times of illness, loss and transition
- Workshops – we facilitate groups that connect Jewish values to topics like caregiving, living with disability, spirituality and healing, bereavement, and mindfulness
- Hospice – JFCS partners with area hospices to offer comprehensive chaplaincy services as well as practical religious information to individuals in hospice care (both institutional and home settings), including pastoral counseling for patients and their loved ones, bereavement support and rabbinic consultation about Jewish views on illness and end-of-life issues.
- Abramson Hospice
- Abington Memorial Hospital Home Care & Hospice
- Holy Redeemer Home Care & Hospice
- Main Line Health
- Penn Wissahickon Hospice